Sunday, February 6, 2011

My Epic Fail of Silence

This last Friday, APLA students were given the task of expressing their verbal thoughts through art of charade and illustration.  Our voices were not to be heard from the beginning of first hour and continuing to the final moments of eighth hour. This chore was much more difficult than giving up Facebook for a whole day.  Trying to voice my opinions by drawing and acting out my thoughts was one of the toughest assignments to accomplish.  Based on Honesty System, I'm confident to say I failed. I slipped once in first hour breaking all code of conduct. After leaving AP Language, I attempted to remain quiet but I fell into the pressure of speaking about.  Each class period was just as flimsy as the next.  I started off silent and then caught myself in casual conversation with the desk next to mine. I feel that no good came out of this situation.  This day was so tragic, I even had to miss Alaina Brouckaert's weekly synopsis of the latest Grey's Anatomy episode... Darn.

5 comments:

  1. Your day sounds like it was horrible. Especially the last part. I'm sorry, Matt. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Matt, this was actually really entertaining to read. At least you were honest with how much you really did talk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post on your friday, it was a hard day for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh matthew, this was quite through on many different aspects of this assignment on the difficulty level of it. it is a shame that you failed

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good thing you lasted... "no good came out of this situation."

    ReplyDelete